Justin Southcombe joined Perpetuum as Commercial Director in March 2014 after 18 years with Alstom.
Since joining Perpetuum projects have been launched around the world, including new offerings like track, ride and traction motor monitoring, and Perpetuum has grown from 7 to over 60 employee.
Justin holds a BEng (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Surrey, an MBA from INSEAD and is a Chartered Engineer with the IMechE.
AGENDA AT A GLANCE
- Operators case studies on realising the benefits of on-board data to deliver improved maintenance and operational outcomes
- Examine the business case for implementing artificial intelligence predict faults & improve on-board system reliability
- Evaluate the future roadmap on retrofitting legacy rolling stock for advanced strategies on retrofitting ageing rolling stock
- Cost effective integration of IT Systems and databases including identifying and selecting the optimal back end IT & Database
- Strategies on up-skilling fleet maintenance workforce to deliver on investment in new data-driven technologies
- Managing human factor in the depot and minimise incidents of maintenance and prevent costly errors
- Examine solutions for addressing obsolescence to efficiently service component and deliver spare parts on time
- Best practice on planning & optimising the depot and maintenance activities, including integration of new technologies and maintenance practice innovations