Dr Kang Kuen Lee
Director, Headquarter Support, Sydney Metro Project
Mass Transit Railway
KK has been working in the railway industry for over 53 years covering rolling stock and infrastructure maintenance, new lines and major asset replacement projects, operations and business development.
During the past 5 years KK has been working initially on the Sydney Metro Northwest project and recently on Sydney Metro City and Southwest. KK and his research team in the Hong Kong Polytechnic University has also pioneered in the application of Fiber Bragg Grating sensors for the continuous condition monitoring of mission critical components of railway.
AGENDA AT A GLANCE
- Operators case studies on realising the benefits of on-board data to deliver improved maintenance and operational outcomes
- Examine the business case for implementing artificial intelligence predict faults & improve on-board system reliability
- Evaluate the future roadmap on retrofitting legacy rolling stock for advanced strategies on retrofitting ageing rolling stock
- Cost effective integration of IT Systems and databases including identifying and selecting the optimal back end IT & Database
- Strategies on up-skilling fleet maintenance workforce to deliver on investment in new data-driven technologies
- Managing human factor in the depot and minimise incidents of maintenance and prevent costly errors
- Examine solutions for addressing obsolescence to efficiently service component and deliver spare parts on time
- Best practice on planning & optimising the depot and maintenance activities, including integration of new technologies and maintenance practice innovations