Professor Raphael Pfaff
Professor of Rail Vehicle Engineering, Chairman of the Board
FH Aachen University of Applied Sciences RailCrowd GmbH (Germany)
Raphael is Professor of Rail Vehicle Engineering at Aachen University of Applied Sciences as well as Co-founder and Chairman of the Board of RailCrowd GmbH, a collaborative maintenance data platform for rail vehicles. Together with his colleagues, he is pioneering in the area of freight rail automation, defining the Wagon 4.0 concept.
Before receiving the call to Aachen, he worked as a System Engineer for Siemens and Faiveley Transport, on projects including Vectron Locomotive and the new high speed train ICE 4 as well as managing the product engineering department for a manufacturer of coupler systems.
Raphael studied Mathematics, Mechatronics and Control Engineering in Bochum, Hagen and Coventry, where he gained his PhD in 2013.
AGENDA AT A GLANCE
- Understanding The Real Opportunities And Challenges Of Introducing New Maintenance Technologies Into The Rail Sector
- Getting The Right Balance Between Condition Based Monitoring And Corrective Maintenance
- Case Study On Implementation Of Digitalisation Of Maintenance
- Optimise Services And Reduce Cost With Remote Condition Monitoring
- Performance And Reliability Optimisation Through Predictive Maintenance
- Data interpretability
- Machine Learning And Artificial Intelligence Applications To RSM.
- Practical Examples Of Robotics Functions In RSM.
- Evaluate The Pros And Cons Of Retrofitting Vs Procuring New Rolling Stock
- Regulatory And Industry Adaptation To Digitalisation Of Maintenance
- Developing A Workforce Strategy To Maximise Digitalisation Of Maintenance Benefits
- Ensuring Your IT Infrastructure Is Ready For Your New System
- Optimising Maintenance Processes To Anticipate Adverse Wweather Conditions
- How To Optimise Your Maintenance Processes Without Compromising Safety And Performance
- Understanding How To Co-Ordinate Rolling Stock Downtime To Meet Maintenance Needs
- Achieving The Optimal Economic Balance Between Outsourcing And Delivering Maintenance In-House
- Management Strategies For Cost Effectively Replacing Obsolete Spare Parts, Components And Materials
- Improving Your Maintenance Organisation's Environmental Sustainability Credentials Whilst Lowering Running Costs
- What RAMP Compliance, European Rail Traffic Management System (ERTMS) And Other Regulations Really Mean To Maintenance Of Rolling Stock