After nearly 20 years of experience in the industry and in international organisations, Bertrand joined the European Commission in November 2015 as 'Policy Officer' in DG MOVE's Rail Safety and Interoperability unit, in charge of interoperability issues, standardisation and the relations with Notified Bodies.
The main current focus of the Rail Safety and Interoperability unit is the successful implementation of the 4th Railway Package and ensuring a smooth switch to the new regime for the delivery of Single Safety Certificates for Railway Undertakings and of Vehicle Authorisations by the European Union Agency for Railways (ERA).
The unit is also responsible for the development of the Technical Specifications for Interoperability (TSIs) including on Control, Command and Signalling (CCS TSI) and support the ERTMS European Deployment Plan. The development of the legislation related to maintenance of railway vehicles also falls within the remit of the unit.
AGENDA AT A GLANCE
- Understanding The Real Opportunities And Challenges Of Introducing New Maintenance Technologies Into The Rail Sector
- Getting The Right Balance Between Condition Based Monitoring And Corrective Maintenance
- Case Study On Implementation Of Digitalisation Of Maintenance
- Optimise Services And Reduce Cost With Remote Condition Monitoring
- Performance And Reliability Optimisation Through Predictive Maintenance
- Data interpretability
- Machine Learning And Artificial Intelligence Applications To RSM.
- Practical Examples Of Robotics Functions In RSM.
- Evaluate The Pros And Cons Of Retrofitting Vs Procuring New Rolling Stock
- Developing A Workforce Strategy To Maximise Digitalisation Of Maintenance Benefits
- Ensuring Your IT Infrastructure Is Ready For Your New System
- Optimising Maintenance Processes To Anticipate Adverse Wweather Conditions
- How To Optimise Your Maintenance Processes Without Compromising Safety And Performance
- Understanding How To Co-Ordinate Rolling Stock Downtime To Meet Maintenance Needs
- Management Strategies For Cost Effectively Replacing Obsolete Spare Parts, Components And Materials
- Improving Your Maintenance Organisation's Environmental Sustainability Credentials Whilst Lowering Running Costs
- What RAMP Compliance, European Rail Traffic Management System (ERTMS) And Other Regulations Really Mean To Maintenance Of Rolling Stock