Chief Mechanical Engineer & Head Of Railway Maintenance
Konkan Railway Corp
A professional with more than 27 years of experience with Indian Railways and Konkan Railway in Rolling Stock Operation & Maintenance, Manufacturing, Product & Vendor Development, Quality Assurance, Infrastructure & Technology Project Management, Business Development including International Business.
Made special contributions in various fields such as induction of Rolling Stock Technologies; Design and Construction of Rolling Stock Workshops; Development of Condition Monitoring and IoT based technologies; and creating new business streams in rolling stock Operation and Maintenance
A keen learner, researcher and trainer with doctoral and postgraduate qualifications specializing in Operations, Quality and Lean Management. Authored Books, Research Papers in International Journals & Conferences, conducted Workshops & Seminars and Field Projects. Developed and Promoted new technologies for the Rolling Stock Industry.
Recipient of awards both at National and International levels, such as 'Minster of Railways Award for Outstanding Services,' 'Best Innovative Idea of the Year Award' by Minister of Railways for a patented 'Way Side Rolling Stock Condition Monitoring System;' nomination for 'Eminent Engineer Award' by Engineering Council of India; 'Outstanding Author Award' by Emerald Publications, U.K, Lal Bahadur Shastri Award for the book "Smart Lean Management'
AGENDA AT A GLANCE
- Operators case studies on realising the benefits of on-board data to deliver improved maintenance and operational outcomes
- Examine the business case for implementing artificial intelligence predict faults & improve on-board system reliability
- Evaluate the future roadmap on retrofitting legacy rolling stock for advanced strategies on retrofitting ageing rolling stock
- Cost effective integration of IT Systems and databases including identifying and selecting the optimal back end IT & Database
- Strategies on up-skilling fleet maintenance workforce to deliver on investment in new data-driven technologies
- Managing human factor in the depot and minimise incidents of maintenance and prevent costly errors
- Examine solutions for addressing obsolescence to efficiently service component and deliver spare parts on time
- Best practice on planning & optimising the depot and maintenance activities, including integration of new technologies and maintenance practice innovations