Thierry Fort, Dipl.-ing.
Engineering, Rolling Stock Division
In January 2016, I joined SNCF Mobilites, Rolling Stock division as Director of Engineering (Electric & Diesel locomotives + coaches & wagons, Tram-Train, EMUs & DMUs, High Speed Trains (TGV)) . I manage french teams located in 15 sites including CIM (Center of expertise) & AEF (raiway testing agency) developping all engineering activities and high level expertise regarding procurement of new rolling stock fleets and on-board signaling systems, maintenance engineering for more than 5000 trainsets & locomotives including coaches & wagons for internal & external fleets,testing on-benches & on- line, components & systems certification and infrastructure, on-board signalling systems or rolling stock homologation.
AGENDA AT A GLANCE
- Operators case studies on realising the benefits of on-board data to deliver improved maintenance and operational outcomes
- Examine the business case for implementing artificial intelligence predict faults & improve on-board system reliability
- Evaluate the future roadmap on retrofitting legacy rolling stock for advanced strategies on retrofitting ageing rolling stock
- Cost effective integration of IT Systems and databases including identifying and selecting the optimal back end IT & Database
- Strategies on up-skilling fleet maintenance workforce to deliver on investment in new data-driven technologies
- Managing human factor in the depot and minimise incidents of maintenance and prevent costly errors
- Examine solutions for addressing obsolescence to efficiently service component and deliver spare parts on time
- Best practice on planning & optimising the depot and maintenance activities, including integration of new technologies and maintenance practice innovations