Chief Executive Officer
The National Skills Academy (NSAR)
Neil joined the National Skills Academy for Rail (NSAR) in 2015, from the utility sector where he was CEO of the Energy & Utility Skills Group. Before that he was CEO of the British Institute of Innkeeping.
Prior to these sectoral CEO roles, he held senior positions in government departments for education and business where had responsibilities in skills, employability, English and migration, regional economic development and European Structural Funds.
Neil has also worked with Babcock, City & Guilds and the Scottish Qualifications Authority.
NSAR's current priorities are workforce planning, standard setting, company support and quality assurance of training and assessments.
In his spare time, he likes riding motorbikes and planting trees.
Neil joined NSAR in 2015, previously was CEO of Energy & Utility Skills Group and CEO of the British Institute of Innkeeping.
Neil has also held senior positions in government departments for education and business with responsibilities in skills, employability, English and migration, regional economic development and European Structural Funds.
AGENDA AT A GLANCE
- Operators case studies on realising the benefits of on-board data to deliver improved maintenance and operational outcomes
- Examine the business case for implementing artificial intelligence predict faults & improve on-board system reliability
- Evaluate the future roadmap on retrofitting legacy rolling stock for advanced strategies on retrofitting ageing rolling stock
- Cost effective integration of IT Systems and databases including identifying and selecting the optimal back end IT & Database
- Strategies on up-skilling fleet maintenance workforce to deliver on investment in new data-driven technologies
- Managing human factor in the depot and minimise incidents of maintenance and prevent costly errors
- Examine solutions for addressing obsolescence to efficiently service component and deliver spare parts on time
- Best practice on planning & optimising the depot and maintenance activities, including integration of new technologies and maintenance practice innovations