Fleet Engineering Manager & HEx Wellbeing Rep
As Fleet Engineering Manager for Heathrow Express, it is Aoife's responsibility to manage the day-to-day safety, assurance and maintenance of the Cl332 and Cl360/2 fleets which work out of the Siemens' Heathrow Express depot in East Acton. As these fleet approach end of current service life, it is imperative that safety and quality are not jeopardised before the replacement fleets are introduced, which poses a challenge for maintenance planning and forecasting.
Alongside her day job, Aoife is an active member of the Young Rail Professionals and also sits on the IMechE Railway Division Young Members Board.
AGENDA AT A GLANCE
- Operators case studies on realising the benefits of on-board data to deliver improved maintenance and operational outcomes
- Examine the business case for implementing artificial intelligence predict faults & improve on-board system reliability
- Evaluate the future roadmap on retrofitting legacy rolling stock for advanced strategies on retrofitting ageing rolling stock
- Cost effective integration of IT Systems and databases including identifying and selecting the optimal back end IT & Database
- Strategies on up-skilling fleet maintenance workforce to deliver on investment in new data-driven technologies
- Managing human factor in the depot and minimise incidents of maintenance and prevent costly errors
- Examine solutions for addressing obsolescence to efficiently service component and deliver spare parts on time
- Best practice on planning & optimising the depot and maintenance activities, including integration of new technologies and maintenance practice innovations