WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Meet Senior Decision Makers From
- U.K. Rail Operators
- European Rail Operators
- Global Rail Operators
With The Following Job Titles:
COOs, VPs, Directors, Managers, Team Leads & Chiefs Of...
- Rolling Stock
- Fleet/Vehicle/Rolling Stock Engineering
- Asset Management/Asset Strategy
- Condition Monitoring
- Reliability Engineering
Plus Condition-Based Monitoring & Prediction Solution Providers including
- Sensors & IOT Devices - Acoustic/Vibration/Temperature
- Data Transmission Wireless/Cellular
- Data Visualisation & Reporting
- Data Processing & Analytics
- Integration Solutions With Maintenance & Asset Management
- Decision Support Services
- Data Analytics & Predictive Analytics
- Automation & Digitalisation Solutions
- Green Technologies & Solutions
GLOBAL RAIL LEADERS SHARE OPTIMISED MAINTENANCE STRATEGIES AND DEPOT INVESTMENTS OVER 3 DAYS
Demonstrating The Successful Integration Of Innovative Technologies And Processes And Their Consequential Improvements In Maintenance Decision-Making
Introducing the latest Rolling Stock Maintenance & Depot Innovation 2024, the product of extensive engagement with the rail maintenance and engineering community, specifically tailored to address the practical realities encountered in maintenance planning and everyday operations.
Balancing new technology integration with traditional rail maintenance methods is like walking a tightrope. It requires seamlessly integrating cutting-edge innovations without disrupting existing systems' proven reliability and established practices.
DID YOU KNOW?
Despite its potential, only about 20% of rail companies globally have fully integrated predictive maintenance technologies into their operations, missing out on the efficiency gains these technologies offer. This is primarily due to the organisational alignment challenges and complexity of integrating new technologies with existing systems. The solution lies in investing in scalable, interoperable predictive maintenance systems and providing comprehensive training to staff, ensuring a smooth transition and long-term cost savings. We’ll thoroughly explore such strategies at Rolling Stock Maintenance & Depot Innovation 2024.
HOW ABOUT THIS?
A Japanese rail network implemented digital twins for their high-speed trains. The result? A 30% reduction in unplanned maintenance through predictive analysis allows seamless scheduling and enhanced reliability. You will also hear results like these presented on day 1 of the conference.
ARE THESE OPERATIONAL REALITIES IMPACTING YOUR RESULTS?
How can rail operators overcome the significant challenge of adapting maintenance strategies to ever-changing travel patterns, budget constraints, and the need for workforce confidence in data-driven decision-making?
LEARNING FROM PRACTICAL, PROVEN EXPERIENCES
AND COLLABORATIVE KNOWLEDGE-SHARING
This ground-breaking conference sets itself apart by deeply aligning with the European rail maintenance industry's actual, on-the-ground operational realities. We dive into the complexities of integrating cutting-edge technologies like AI and digital twins within traditional maintenance frameworks, addressing the critical needs for skill development, effective data utilisation, and successful tech implementation. Speakers will discuss combining condition-based and predictive maintenance with traditional techniques, showcasing user experiences and case studies highlighting these innovations' tangible benefits and practical applications in daily operations.
This year’s conference extends beyond merely examining the integration of cutting-edge technology. We are delving into a comprehensive spectrum of rolling stock optimisation and maintenance planning topics, encompassing life cycle cost management, embracing sustainability, and achieving seamless integration across diverse systems like track, signalling and electric interfaces. The agenda addresses these multifaceted aspects, ensuring a holistic approach to the future of rail maintenance and innovation.
Benefit from a rich blend of expert panels, interactive discussions, and real-world case studies, ensuring a comprehensive and engaging experience, addressing current industry challenges and innovations in a practical, actionable manner.
"What I find compelling about the agenda is its honest exploration of the gap between perceived
technological capabilities and the actual on-ground realities. Addressing issues like the promised
100% availability versus what's truly achievable is vital for our industry's progress."
Technology Implementation Head, Scandinavian National Operator
Day 1 - Offers A Deep Dive Into The Practical Application Of AI And Digital Solutions Across The Entire Lifecycle Of Rail Maintenance
"I'm particularly intrigued by the conference's focus on scaling AI in rail maintenance. It’s a complex puzzle,
like fitting a high-speed train on traditional tracks. The sessions dedicated to tackling the
unpredictable nature of AI in real-world scenarios are exactly what our industry needs to move forward."
Head Of Rolling Stock Maintenance, European High-Speed Operator
- Dive into real-world experiences of AI and digital twins implementation
- Learn about the transition from traditional to predictive maintenance
- Adopting the latest predictive maintenance and condition-based monitoring technologies
- Hear best practices on organisational change management for technology-led transformation
- The day culminates in an interactive discussion on innovations in data-driven asset optimisation, where experts share their success stories and practical realities of AI in rail maintenance
“The practical creation and integration of digital twins, a key topic at the upcoming conference,
is exactly where our industry's focus should be. These sessions are crucial for us to uncover
the untapped potential and the challenges in making digital twins a reality in rail Maintenance.”
Head Of Asset Maintenance, Major European City Underground Railway
Day 2 - Dissect The Factors Influencing Maintenance Decisions, Balance Operational Realities With Cost Pressures, And Align Transformations With Sustainability Goals
"I'm particularly drawn to day 2’s focus on the lifecycle of rolling stock. Understanding each stage –
from introduction to service to eventual repurposing – and discussing the inherent challenges and
best practices is a long overdue conversation in our field."
Director Of Rolling Stock Engineering, UK
Learn from the experiences of rail operators on balancing safety, reliability, and efficiency in maintenance scheduling and exploring dynamic systems that adapt to real-time operational data. We'll delve into comprehensive maintenance planning across the lifecycle, including heavy overhauls, upgrades, and midlife refurbishment. Participants will gain insights into the intricacies of introducing new rolling stock and planning for the end-of-life phase of trains. We look at integrating sustainable practices into rail maintenance, including eco-driving and coordinating rolling stock with infrastructure systems for enhanced safety and operational performance.
“The sessions on maintenance optimisation resonate with me. They're not just about setting up
efficient systems; they're about realistically utilising resources while ensuring safety and reliability.
This is the kind of practical approach to maintenance that our industry urgently needs”
Head Of Freight Asset Utilisation, Germany
Day 3 Depot Innovation - Enhancing Depot Safety, Environmental Compliance
Operational Efficiency and Workforce Empowerment
"Addressing human factors in safety at this conference is critical. We're looking at
resolving issues like the complexity of controls and improving ergonomics – it's about
enhancing safety by designing intuitive and user-friendly systems for our workforce."
Head Of Depot Management, European Rail Operator
Discussions to share best practices and evaluate potential solutions include:
- Achieving environmental compliance in light of changing regulations
- Exploring cost-effective strategies for integrating smart technologies and evaluating their effectiveness in reducing energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions
- Delve into practical experiences integrating technologies like digital twins for safety simulation, robotic maintenance assistants, and IoT-enabled safety systems
- Innovative strategies for fleet lifecycle management in the depot, from arrival to overhaul and end-of-life strategies
- Digital transformation of depot operations, including maintenance procedures and competency management.
- Applying blockchain technology for supply chain management in the depot
- Condition monitoring and predictive systems integration into depot maintenance workflows
- Change management strategies specific to depot modernisation and workforce skills development
4 PRE AND POST CONFERENCE HALF-DAY WORKSHOPS
- AM 24 June 2024 - Practical Use And Creation Of DIGITAL TWINS For Rail Maintenance
- PM 24 June 2024 - AI FOR PREDICTIVE MAINTENANCE - Learning From User Experiences
- AM 28 June 2024 - Practicalities Of Implementing SUSTAINABLE PRACTICES, Inc Eco Driving
- PM 28 June 2024 - ROBOTICS INNOVATION And The Economic Case For Rail Maintenance Tasks
10 Reasons To Attend Either In Person Or Virtually In 2024
- A FOCUS ON PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS, REAL-WORLD EXAMPLES, AND CASE STUDIES that demonstrate the implementation and benefits of new technologies. STRATEGIES THAT CAN BE APPLIED TO YOUR OPERATIONS
- A unique balance between HIGH-LEVEL STRATEGIC DISCUSSIONS AND DETAILED, TECHNICAL PRESENTATIONS
- FOLLOW-UP ACTION POINTS: The actionable outcomes from this conference, circulated after the event
- LEARNING FROM A DIVERSE RANGE OF TRANSIT AGENCIES AND THEIR UNIQUE STRATEGIES – high-speed mainline, urban transit, regional rail, and national freight
- OVER 12 HOURS OF DEDICATED NETWORKING ACROSS TWO DAYS - The potential for sharing and learning from a diverse range of transit agencies and their unique strategies
- SHOWCASING THE LATEST TECHNOLOGY INNOVATIONS AND HEARING FROM VENDORS how to integrate them
- DIVERSE AND INTERACTIVE CONTENT FORMATS: A mix of panels, workshops, and technological demonstrations
- COLLABORATION! A genuine eagerness in 2024 to learn from peers and other companies, given the unprecedented nature of the supply chain challenges – results in more panel discussions and collaborative sessions
- VENDOR SHOWCASES & DEMONSTRATION: Not just a traditional exhibition room, but a FULL-FEATURED DEMONSTRATION AREA WHERE TECHNOLOGY CAN BE VIEWED AND EXPERIENCED DURING THE BREAKS
AGENDA FOCUS TOPICS
DAY 1: Practical Application Of New Technologies To Solve Practical Maintenance Problems
- AI in Rolling Stock Maintenance
- Predictive Maintenance
- Organizational Change for Technology Transformation
- Data-Driven Asset Optimization & CBM
- Predictive Maintenance Evolution
- Condition-Based Monitoring Innovations
- AI and Predictive Maintenance Integration
- Performance Monitoring Beyond Bearings
- AI for Predictive Maintenance Decision-Making
- Machine Learning for Predictive Modelling
- AI & ML in Operations Management
- AI Risk Management
- Digital Twin Utilisation in Rail Maintenance
- Data Management with Digital Twins
DAY 2: Maintenance Planning, Rolling Stock Optimization, Sustainability & System Integration
- Flexible Maintenance Scheduling
- New Technology Implementation Strategies
- Realistic Maintenance Practices
- Smart Maintenance Planning
- Third-Party vs In-House Maintenance Efficiency
- Repurposing and Handover Strategies
- Sustainable Practices in Rail Maintenance
- Sustainable Repair and Maintenance
- Eco-Friendly Interior Component Refurbishment
- Eco-Driving Practices
- Integration of Rolling Stock and Infrastructure Data
- Wheel-Rail Dynamics
- Workforce Skills Requirements
- Talent Recruitment and Retention
- Technology in Rail Maintenance Jobs
- Standardizing Communication Protocols
- Advanced Data Analytics Platforms
- Sustainable Materials Selection
- Integration With Traffic Management Systems
- Cross-Departmental Collaboration
DAY 3: Enhancing Depot Safety, Environmental Compliance & Operational Efficiency
- Smart Lighting Tech
- Advanced HVAC Controls
- Depot Machinery and Equipment
- IoT For Energy Management
- Renewable Energy Sources
- Low Energy Train Washing
- LED Lighting
- High-Efficiency Motors
- Smart HVAC Systems
- Energy Management Systems
- Digital Twins for Safety Simulation and Analysis
- Automated and Remote-Controlled Vehicle Systems
- Robotic Maintenance Assistants
- IoT-Enabled Safety Monitoring Systems
- Augmented Reality (AR) for Maintenance Training & Ops
- Predictive Analytics for Equipment Maintenance
- Digital Transformation Of Depot Operations