WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Meet Senior Decision Makers From
- U.K. Rail Operators
- European Rail Operators
- Global Rail Operators
With The Following Job Titles:
COOs, VPs, Directors, Managers, Team Leads & Chiefs Of...
- Rolling Stock
- Fleet/Vehicle/Rolling Stock Engineering
- Asset Management/Asset Strategy
- Condition Monitoring
- Reliability Engineering
Plus Condition-Based Monitoring & Prediction Solution Providers including
- Sensors & IOT Devices - Acoustic/Vibration/Temperature
- Data Transmission Wireless/Cellular
- Data Visualisation & Reporting
- Data Processing & Analytics
- Integration Solutions With Maintenance & Asset Management
- Decision Support Services
- Data Analytics & Predictive Analytics
- Automation & Digitalisation Solutions
- Green Technologies & Solutions
London Business Conferences launched its Rail Innovation sector series in 2008, pioneering forums on Future Fuels Rail Traction and Financing High Speed Rail. Rolling Stock Maintenance & Depot Innovation 2024 is our 12th annual congress on this particular aspect of the rail industry.
The conference is regularly attended by hundreds of delegates including:
Heathrow Express, Transport for London, Eurostar, Japan Railways East Group, Grand Central Railway, Trenitalia, Porterbrook, SNCB, Southeastern, VR Group, Irish Rail, SJ, SNCF, AB SKF, ALPHA for Constructing, Alstom, ATOC Ltd, Bombardier Transportation, CAF Rail UK Ltd, Camlin group - Henesis, Cyient Europe Ltd, Danobat, DSB, Danish State Railways, Eduro AB, EKE-Electronics Ltd., ESG, Eversholt Rail Group, FAIVELEY TRANSPORT, GE Digital, Göteborgs Spårvägar AB, Grand Central, GVB, GVB Amsterdam, HaslerRail AG, Heathrow Express, Hitachi EU, Hitachi Rail, HS2 (High Speed Two Ltd), Irish Rail, Japan Railways East Group, KLD Labs, Inc., Knorr-Bremse GmbH, Division IFE Automatic Doors Systems, London Underground - TFL, LUCCHINI RS SpA, Lucchini Unipart Rail, Marubeni Corporation, Medha Servo Drives Pvt. Ltd, Molinari Rail Ltd., NEM Solutions, Network Rail High Speed Ltd, Nomad Digital-NomadTech, Norgren, Northern Rail, Perpetuum, Predikto, RATP, Ricardo Rail, Siemens AG, SJ, SNCB, SNCF, South West Trains, Stockholm County Council Transport Administration, Systecon (UK) Ltd, TAKARGO S.A., Trackside Intelligence Pty Ltd, Trenitalia, Unipart Rail, VR Group, Westermo Data Communications Ltd and many, many more.
Here's what past attendees have said about the conference:
"Very good conference. A unique opportunity to meet with head engineers and maintenance managers from variety of companies and projects and to really see the main trends on rolling stock maintenance"
Lloyd's Register Rail
"There was a wealth of experience and knowledge shared from key staff within the industry"
"An excellent opportunity to see different approaches in maintenance optimisation, to discover the latest technologies in the market and to expand your industry network across Europe."
AGENDA FOCUS TOPICS
Implementing Cost-Saving Innovations In Fleet Maintenance To Improve Availability
- Examine rail maintenance mega trends to enhance service, capacity, and passenger experience while lowering the cost
- Transitioning to condition-based maintenance in conjunction with classical maintenance strategies
- Taking steps to cut costs and decide how many people to hire at a time when unions are more active and industrial action more frequent
- The macro view on establishing a culture of data-driven decision-making throughout maintenance, asset management & operations
- Best practices on building the technical expertise to analyse and use data for maintenance decision making effectively
- Application of ai algorithms to automate the process of cleaning & pre-processing data, as well as detecting anomalies to save time and money
- Creating digital twins of rolling stock to simulate and analyse maintenance scenarios, identify potential problems, and optimise maintenance plans
- Digitalisation solutions that maximise ROI and cost reduction
Maintenance Planning For All Categories Of Fleets And Handling Obsolescence
- Revisiting the conversation on outsourcing vs. Insourcing rail maintenance in the context of escalating prices, more frequent industrial action & a driving need to reduce cost
- Addressing the challenges of cost-effectively maintaining the reliability of locomotives as they age
- Reducing energy consumption - implementing new technology upgrades & modifying maintenance techniques
- Finding solutions to address the availability of components in the supply chain
- Proactively addressing mechanical and safety-critical component obsolesce cost-effectively
- Optimising the size of the engineering workforce based on the volume & type of maintenance
Future-Proofing New And Existing Depots
- Cost-competitively future-proofing new & existing rail depots to ensure flexibility for evolving fleet requirements – what is needed over the next 5, 10 or 20 years?
- Upgrading existing depots to support a range of fleets & maintenance regimes cost-effectively
- Transitioning from a time interval to more conditional-based monitoring in the depot
- Optimising the depot to prioritise retrofitting that delivers the most benefit for the least cost and to ensure the required equipment is integrated seamlessly
- Practicalities of optimising the use of data in the depot environment for safe, more targeted maintenance
- Standardising workforce training across all depots using the latest virtual reality & software apps
- Prioritising investment in depot automation to reduce the cost of cleaning, essential maintenance & safety optimisation